Today (the 21st) was Luke's half birthday. Yep, he was the big 18 months old today!
What did we do today?
1) A visit from our Parents as Teachers educator, Melissa
2) Lunch with our friend, Helen, at Applebee's
3) A short nap on Luke's part (thumbs DOWN on that one)
4) A short visit from a former coworker of mine from International Dairy Queen
5) A cranky Luke late afternoon/evening, resulting in a fever of 102.8 for Luke. We gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed before 7:00. He only ate a few bites of applesauce. (Helen -- I hope Luke didn't give you anything today. I'm not sure what's wrong).
It was a fun day up until the last few hours. I'm not sure what's up with Luke. He was very cranky for a few hours. I knew something was wrong, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out (welcome to parenthood, right?).
Finally, I noticed he felt very warm. When we saw what his temperature was, we gave him some Tylenol and changed his clothes for bed. I sat down with him in the glider/rocker in his bedroom. Within one minute (I'm not exaggerating on this one), he was asleep. Now, he's sound asleep in bed.
We're hoping this is short-term.
But, on a good note....I did get his 18-month photo in the chair today. Here it is....
And, just for fun -- here he is one year ago today...Wow! Has he changed or what?
How to love Your Reflection
1 day ago