Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Tuesday....

One thing that I realized during my blogging "haitus" is that often times, most of us (I am included) only blog about the "fun" things of life or the "things" we do.

While that's not bad at all and I will continue to do so, I also want to start blogging about my day to day life -- however boring it might seem to some of you. I personally don't think my life is that boring, though.

I've recently (and by recently, I mean -- the last six months or so) discovered that I am the type of person who can easily get herself into a "funk" or into a period of self-pity. I won't go into too much detail about that (I don't want to bore anybody), and so, I'll just leave it at that.

So, by blogging a little bit more about my day to day life, I'm hoping to start doing a better job at recognizing the simple joys in my life. Because truly, I know that I have Christ in my heart and ultimately, that's all I need for J.O.Y....

God has provided so very much to myself, Marc, and Luke. I truly have no reason to complain.

I know I've used this verse a time or two on this blog, but it pops into my head often. I don't think one can "overdue" scripture.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:16-18

*****

So, without anymore waiting...Here's my Tuesday.

Actually, we, in this household, have had better starts to days. I say this because last night, Marc slept on the couch. Nope -- it's not because we had some massive argument but because he's had this really bad cough for a few days now, and last night, it got worse.

So, when I awoke at 7:00 A.M. this morning and I hadn't yet heard from him, I went to the living room to find him with virtually no voice. He then told me that he'd been up quite a bit coughing. He proceeded to inform me that he didn't think he should be at work today.

While it's always nice to have Marc home from work for a day, having him sick definitely isn't fun.

But, on a good note -- Luke got to see Marc this morning -- which he doesn't get to do very often in the mornings.

Luke definitely, even though Marc was sick, hung out with his Daddy for awhile this morning.

(And, if you look somewhat closely at this photo, you can see in Marc's eyes that he doesn't feel well....And, we figured that Luke had probably already been exposed to whatever Marc has).



After awhile, Luke and I got ready to leave the house. On Tuesday mornings this year, I'm once again in a "Young Mom's/Young Wives'" Bible Study at church. During that time each Tuesday, Luke gets the privilege of playing with other cute kids in the nursery.

This year, we're doing an excellent parenting study called "Entrusted with a Child's Heart." We've completed three lessons so far, and so far, I've been challenged in a very good way. I'm excited about continuing in this study.

After getting home and eating lunch, we all three went down for naps. I meant to only sleep for 45 minutes or so, but I set my alarm for the "AM" time instead of the "PM" time. Fortunately, I did wake up after about 1 1/2 hours on my own. I did have some things I wanted to accomplish when Luke was sleeping.

The MAIN thing I wanted to accomplish was to make Marc (and myself and Luke) homemade Chicken and Noodles with mashed potatoes for supper -- NOTHING is better when sick, in our opinion.

And, I did just that :) I got them (the Chicken and Noodles) completely made and in the crockpot to keep warm by the time Luke got up.



At that point, Luke and I took a walk. It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a nice long walk with the stroller.

I realize that this next photo is one only I, as Luke's mother, could love, but I must share.

One of the many simple things I really enjoy with Luke is walking with him in the stroller (you locals probably all know that because you see us out walking regularly)....I smile EACH time I look down at him in the stroller. It's cute the way he sits there -- with his blanket (we certainly wouldn't want to accidentally leave that at home).



Today was Luke's LUCKY day because when we got to the tracks uptown, we saw and were stopped by THIS....



Luke was so excited which also brings me so much joy to see....



At the end of our walk, I glanced over at the park near our home, and what did I see?



Do I see orange leaves on that one lone tree amongst all of the green? Yes, finally -- a hint of fall in this never-ending summer.

Y.E.S.!!!!!

It's funny because just last night, I commented to a Facebook and blogging friend, Candice (who lives in a state north of here), that their trees looked awfully pretty in a photo and that wasn't happening yet down here.

After our walk, we ate the yummy Chicken and Noodles (at least Marc and I did -- picky Luke ate only potatoes and some applesauce).



And then, I had what appeared to be one happy husband who is starting to feel a little bit better. Must have been those Chicken and Noodles -- you think?



*****

And, to end this long post -- without going into too much detail (at least at this point in time), one of my reasons for my self-pity lately is because my plans aren't God's....Hmmmmm.....That's certainly not a new problem for most of us.

So, I'm reminded of these important verses in Jeremiah. SO VERY TRUE!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11-14

6 comments:

Candice said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. If you ever want to chat. let me know.

Nice Fall photo!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I have never heard of chicken and noodles on mashed potatoes. I've heard of chicken and noodles and also of mashed potatoes, but not together! I may have to try it. Any specific recipe for the chicken and noodles? Get well, Marc!

rentz said...

Nice to wave to you on your walk today! :) I'm hoping to make your applesauce bars for my kiddos soon!

Raising Koehns said...

Natalie has a bad cough, too - must be going around...

SarahT said...

I am so glad you are blogging about everyday life! I am very similar and can get in a funk so easily - and blogging seems to help.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 is one of my favorites too!

Diana said...

Jerry and I looooooooove chicken and noodles on mashed potatoes! YUM! That was also one of my favorite meals in junior high that they served for lunch. I've also added homemade (Bisquick) dumplings on top while it's simmering as an extra.

Oh gee... guess what. Now I'm hungry. LOL!

Blog Archive