Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Ba-ack....

Nope. I didn't go anywhere.

I just got out of the "blogging mood." Fortunately, that mood was temporary.

And, I'm very happy to report that nothing is really wrong. But, I truly do thank those of you who have questioned why I haven't blogged. First, I'm happy to hear that some people do really read this blog. And two, it touches me that you care.

Soooooo, how about I start up with a "typical" Monday thing -- at least on this blog?

I'll list out our meal plan for the week. And, of course, I'll put on a few photos of Luke :)

Monday, March 28, 2011
Savory Chicken Squares
Fruit

Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Salad from Dillon's with chicken

Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Navajo Soup

Thursday, March 31, 2011
Fish & Chips

Friday, April 1, 2011
**Marc is taking a vacation day from work.

Lunch: McPherson DQ

Supper: Will be eating at a pre-race dinner (with Marc) at Kanopolis State Park

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lunch: Rummage

Supper: Will be eating at a post-race dinner (with Marc) at Kanopolis State Park

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lunch: Eating somewhere in McPherson, KS

Supper: Steak Fajitas

**Our Community Life Group (a.k.a. small group) from church is meeting at our home. I'll be providing cookies and ice cream for dessert!

*****

Some of you who know Luke in person know that he REALLY likes to wear his sunglasses around. For Christmas, some very good friends of our's gave Luke a Mr. Potato Head.

Luke has recently taken to wearing the Mr. Potato Head glasses on his face with his actual sunglasses on his head.

This is documented with this photo....It's a little blurry. I took it with my phone.



Also, if you know Luke well, Luke likes to wear hats -- mainly his Daddy's hats, but he'll wear other hats as well.

Recently, Luke has taken to wearing two hats (sometimes even three) at a time.

I don't stop him from it, generally speaking.

Several weeks ago, Luke and I went to Subway for lunch. He insisted on wearing two hats, and I let him do just that. Yep, he did quite a few "cute" comments.

7 comments:

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

SOOO good to have you back. The Savory Chix Sq sounds really good. I'll look forward to giving them a try! I just keep looking for new things to cook!

Kelly said...

Welcome back! I know what you mean, I have been on a break of sorts too. Your little boy is getting so big!

Amanda said...

love the mr. potato head glasses, I have almost an identical picture of Taylor like that!

The Sieberts said...

now that i see his bread cut up i realized why he wouldn't eat the muffin i gave him last night! he kept telling me to do something with it but i didn't understand! lol

Unknown said...

I love your meal plans!! yummy!! I need some new ideas to through in here and there!!

Candice said...

Welcome back. Luke looks so adorable. I would love to hear what he's up to these days! :)

Diana said...

The glasses on Luke are hilarious! LOL!

I blogged today for the first time in 3 months... been too busy yacking over on Facebook, I guess. :D

Blog Archive