Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Siblings....

Last week, I had one of these pics on Facebook and Instagram (with a brief description), but there are a few more pics where that one came. PLUS, I have a few more words -- of course. Marc is an only child. Marc's very kind when he says this, but MANY times, I have heard him say, "I didn't like being an only child." I've known Marc 10 years, and I have learned many things from him -- one of the biggest is that I shouldn't take my sibling for granted (I have one brother). After Luke was born and was through the baby stage, we wanted to give Luke a sibling. It's not a huge secret that pregnancy wasn't easy for us. Though we certainly don't have the toughest infertility story around, getting pregnant quickly and once pregnant, maintaining a healthy pregnancy, wasn't a cake walk in our lives. SO, there was a time period where we thought (and had come to terms with) Luke would be an only child. Through friends in our lives, I have most certainly learned that giving a child a sibling just certainly doesn't always happen. I have most definitely learned to be grateful for Luke and now, for Kate. SO, I write this post with a grateful and most humble of heart. With that previous paragragh taken into consideration, I emphatically say that I am most grateful for our two kids -- as siblings. We're not even through Kate's first year, and already, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching their relationship develop. Our kiddos are 4 years apart. I know that EVERYBODY has their opinion on spacing of kids. Quite frankly, I don't care what psychologists, other child development "experts," and other parents say. God gave us our children 4 years apart. Some have actually said out loud to me that our kids won't play together -- they're too far apart. Our kids won't have a relationship. Blah, Blah, Blah....BUT, I can say that the last almost 11 months (since Kate's birth) has been an amazing journey. Luke is not the same person he was before Kate. He loves his sister. He is gentle with her. He kisses her when she's upset. He likes to make her laugh. He wants her to get dressed in his room in the morning -- at the same time as him. He wants to eat breakfast with her each morning. When I pick him up from preschool, after saying "Hi" to me and running to the car, he wants to see Kate. This past weekend, he stayed a night with my parents. When he came home, he wanted to see Kate. Kate was taking a nap. We made him wait until she woke up. When she did, he was SO excited to see her. He told her he missed her the night before. He prays for her each night before bed. I could go on and on....For this final pic -- they sometimes like to hold hands in the double stroller. I fully realize they will fight at some point (I certainly did with my brother). I fully realize they will, at some point, get annoyed with each other. They will get jealous of each other. They will probably have a complex relationship as adults. Don't most siblings? They also will have each other to help take care of their elderly parents someday -- because, you know, Marc & I will age. They might both marry and have kids. Then, their kids will have cousins (Luke and Kate don't have cousins on Marc's side since he's an only child). Their kids will at least have the respective aunt or uncle. Again, I fully realize siblings are not always possible. Paul clearly tells us I Thessalonians to be thankful in all circumstances. I have always been and will always be grateful for Luke -- even during hard parenting moments with him. I am grateful for Kate and have been from the moment the positive pregnancy test. But, more and more, I'm finding myself simply grateful for them as a sibling pair. (I hope that makes sense).

1 comment:

The Sieberts said...

it still amazes me the comments some people make ;)
and spacing? makes no difference...i think a 4 year spacing works well for us-LOVE that i have a 'built in babysitter':)

Blog Archive