Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Kate Turns 2...

Obviously, I've messed up again in that I haven't blogged in awhile.  I realize it's not a crime.  I realize it won't get me fired from any job.  And, I'm guessing that absolutely nobody will chastise me about my negligence on this blog.  But, it boils down to my not following through with what I said I would do.  And, right now, that bugs me a lot!  So, here goes a post....

Kate turned the big TWO on June 6?!?!?!  Seriously!!!!!  But, we had a party for her on Memorial Day for several valid (at least in my mind) reasons.  Now, if you're wanting to see a blog post with cute decorations, a creative theme, etc....just shut down this blog page.  Nope -- this Mama doesn't do that (and believe me when I say I am NOT putting myself down for that reason).

My valid reasons for a Memorial Day party included the facts of a) Emma (our lovely foreign exchange student who'd been living with us since last August) was still here. b) One of our niece has a birthday on June 10.  This spread out the celebrations a bit. c) Our family is patriotic and all.  We combined the two days of the important Memorial Day and the important day of Kate's birthday (and, if you are not patriotic and do not like our flag shirts, kindly keep comments to yourself.  No argument you could give me will change our minds).....

Going on -- we had Kate's party/Memorial Day at our church.  There was more space.  A gym for play was available. An awesome playground was available for Kate & her youngest cousin.

First -- here's a Memorial Day/Kate's birthday pic of our family (Emma most definitely included).


Second -- Here's Kate's AWESOME cake.  Nope -- I most certainly didn't make it!  The lovely & talented Julie made it (Julie is a fellow mom friend who has a son in Luke's Sunday School class).


It was a fun & wild party!


Our girl, Kate, has been an interesting one to figure out!  She challenges me.  She makes me nutty if I don't get out of the house each day.  She's loud -- especially if her older brother does something to antagonize her.  She's sharp as a whip in that she figures out ways to make messes that her brother never did figure out.  AND, I figure Kate being Kate (simply put) is only at the beginning of her "ways".  I think we're in for a wild ride with raising her.  BUT, I'm grateful beyond words for her.  I think (and know) she's going to teach me a lot about God's unconditional love for humanity as well as God's wanting of love & obedience from us.  She will probably teach me a lot about grace (heck -- she already has)....And, I'm pretty sure I better continuously work on getting enough sleep and taking good care of myself so I can have the patience to raise her.  Again, our love for her & her brother is too much to describe.

No comments:

Blog Archive