Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A *Tiny* Bit More On Kindergarten...

As I said in the previous post (as well as multiple times on Facebook), Luke was extremely nervous (and now I realize -- very stressed out) about the first day of kindergarten.

Waking up & getting ready on Day #2 was completely different -- like 180 degrees different!  Luke got up.  He fully ate breakfast (as opposed to only 4 bites the day before).  We told him he'd be riding the bus.  He willingly did so, and he said he absolutely knew where to go when he got off the bus at school (and we gave him strict instructions about asking an adult if he couldn't figure it out).

I had previously made plans with a friend on the 2nd day of school.  I did this for several reasons, one of those reasons being that I would not be tempted to follow the bus to school.

SO, we made a family trip on the 2nd day to the bus stop. Marc, on a regular basis, will be the one to take Luke to the bus stop.  With Marc walking to the bus with him, Luke climbed on & waved "Good-Bye"!


Since that day, he's been doing just fine!

Kate has adjusted well to her brother being gone in the mornings.  She does periodically ask about him, and she is excited when it's time to go & get him.

One evening, however, Luke was in the bathroom (with the door closed) taking a shower!  Kate simply sat outside the bathroom door & waited!  It seriously was a bittersweet moment to watch!


It's been HOT (hotter than it really has been all summer) for the first two weeks of school.  Fortunately, the sprinkler park is still open.  SO, we have taken advantage!


Kate is not nearly as an "independent player" as Luke was/is.  So, when Luke's at school, she requires a little bit more entertainment from me.  Fortunately, she likes to follow me around the house & "help".


If you can't tell in this next pic, she has on her little apron that my mom made her.  Apparently it's easier to help in the kitchen with one's "Nigh Nigh" (her favorite blanket) and one's fingers in her mouth.


But today, I actually found her stacking blocks on her own!




Kate is constantly busy.  So, when we're at the bus stop to pick up Luke after school, Kate *must* get out of the car.  She runs around.  I closely watch her.  It's simply the life of a two year-old and the mother of a toddler -- Ha!

Today, while I was standing there watching her run around, I was standing up against a "pillar" with one foot on the "pillar".  Kate attempted to imitate -- you know, with the balancing skills of a 2 year-old :)

(In her right hand -- and then left hand -- is something she brought from home).




Some of you have kindly asked how I'm doing with Luke now being gone each morning.

Honestly, I'm doing ok.  Yes, I miss him, and each day, I'm truly excited to go & pick him up at the bus stop & hug him & hear about his morning at school.

BUT, I would say I'm not missing him as much as I *thought* I would.  I am thankful, however, that he'll only be going to kindergarten 1/2 days all year.  I fully realize that 1/2 vs full day kindergarten is up for debate and is somewhat controversial, but you'll have a hard time convincing me that all day is the answer.  So, please don't even try :)

When Luke was nervous the first day, I didn't cry (I shed a few tears on the days leading up to the first day).  Instead, I walked out of his school after dropping him off, also very nervous -- nervous for him!

Now that he's not nervous anymore & is excited to go, I'm not nervous.  I'm simply grateful we're off to a good start to his school career!  Luke is VERY motivated to learn to read so he can read to his sister! I'll take it!

No comments:

Blog Archive