Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some Wednesday Randomness....

So, my friend Dannon left a comment for me on my last post -- wanting to know how a certain recipe turned out...Shame on me for not keeping everybody up to date on that one.

It was on THIS POST -- I think. It was a recipe for "Breakfast Pizza."

I did try that recipe...a recipe I originally got in 7th grade Home Economics Class.

Let me just show in a photo what happened -- this would be why I didn't post the results.



Yes, my nice new clean oven is no longer clean. That would mainly be because of that recipe.

That evening was not a good evening. Marc was at taekwondo when all of this happened...which let me be clear that I don't blame him. He just missed the excitement.

1) Luke was whiny and crying while I was making this dinner. We found out four days later that he had a double ear infection.

2) I had the wrong kind of pizza pan for this recipe. Therefore, when the egg spilled off of the dough because I did something else wrong with the recipe (which I still haven't figured out), the egg went to the bottom of the oven (therefore, the mess).

3) Marc recently replaced the smoke detector in our kitchen. The new one is fairly sensitive. When the egg spilled in the oven, the smoke detector went off. Fortunately, this new smoke detector has a "Kitchen Silencer" button to temporarily shut it off.

**All of this happened with Luke crying/screaming/whining....

So Dannon -- I would LOVE to post about this recipe. I just need to get a few details figured out....Who knew that a 7th grade recipe would be so difficult? Perhaps I should stick to the adult recipes.

*****

Last Saturday night, we were out to eat with our Community Life Group from church (more on that in a future blog post). It was a "kid-free" event, and so, my parents kept Luke at their house for a few hours.

Here are a few photos....

Since Luke didn't start walking until December (when it got cold and snowy), he really hasn't walked outside much. That evening, though, was nice. So, my parents had him outside. Apparently, he did some nice exploring and wondering -- all with blanket in tow, of course.



My parents have a Golden Retriever named Anna. Anna is a bit excited and hyper, but she is VERY GOOD and GENTLE with kids. Since we don't have a dog, Luke's not very familiar with them.

Usually, he's scared of Anna at first. But apparently this time, Luke took some time to pet Anna -- of course, still with the blanket.





My mom had a difficult time getting Luke to eat that evening -- Luke's going through a SEVERE picky stage. Finally, she offered him a banana while he was wondering around and playing. Of course, he ate the whole thing.

My mom thinks he just didn't want to sit and eat -- he wanted to play....that's something you get by with at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Right?



*****

In Sunday School, our class is currently going through a DVD series called Marriage Built to Last.

After watching the DVD, we've had different exercises to do with our spouse -- based on the DVDs.

A couple of weeks ago, we were talking about small things that maybe we could work on.

I wasn't sure what Marc was going to come up with....He ultimately came up with the fact that he didn't like how I folded his running pants.

He likes them folded in thirds....I usually fold them in fourths. Then, he has to refold them to fit them properly into the dresser drawer. This apparently has been going on for the 5 1/2 years we've been married.

He drew me a picture, but it's too small to photograph for this blog.

So today, I was washing his running clothes. I remembered that small irritation that he mentioned.

I corrected the problem. The pants on the left are incorrect. The pants on the right are correct :)



I guess I'm not a perfect wife :) Ha Ha!!!!

4 comments:

More than just okay said...

This admission will leave no doubt where Isaiah gets his autism from. I have to fold our kitchen towels. I want them folded a certain way so they always come out of the drawer that way. I've refolded towels Brad's folded many times. I think last month he finally figured out that it was just a "thing" for me. He's since folded towels a couple of times and done it how I like. Lol, the little things that bug us. But I have always been very willing to refold without complaint, well most of the time ;-)

The Sieberts said...

oh my! That seems like such a silly thing, but i guess as wives, we like our things a certain way too! hehe. I'm trying to remember what i need to work on opposed to what 'just' Collin needs to work on...its hard to think of things that are wrong with ourselves, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Diana and I re-fold clothes and towels.

Re-folders Anonymous.

Yeah. That's what we need.

ROTFL!

LOVE Anna, she is adorable... and such cute pics with Luke and her. What a fun day they had! Luke looks like such a handsome little man in his hat and coat.

Hmmm, oven mess. Been there, done that. :P

41wray said...

I'm the "original" fold it 'my way' right Queen!! I can totally relate

Blog Archive