Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Randomness....

I haven't posted all week, and though I "owe" all of my faithful readers "Part 3 of Easter Weekend," it'll just have to wait. Don't worry -- it's coming.

There are just some other things I want to share today.

Tuesday of this week, I had to wake Luke up in the morning to get to my Bible Study in time....Usually, I don't have to wake him up. I really don't like to do that. He always looks soooooo sweet while sleeping (of course, he's sweet most of the time when he's awake). Plus, he's generally grouchy when we don't let him wake up on his own.



*****

All day Wednesday, Luke was fine -- and by that, I mean "healthy."

Out of the blue on Wednesday evening, he spiked a fever.

We put him to bed early with Motrin. Fortunately, he slept all night. However, Thursday morning, he still had a fever.

Luke had a previously scheduled dr's appointment on Thursday afternoon -- a re-check of his ears from an ear infection diagnosed two weeks ago.

Marc and I were just POSITIVE it would be his ears again. Nope....Ears looked good. Throat looked good. I guess it's just another little bug -- Luke sure has had a lot of "little bugs" this year. Is this the process of building up immunity for the future?

Anyways, Thursday evening, his fever went up again. This time, it went up a little higher.

Here's a REALLY SAD photo of Luke sitting on my lap last night -- with a fever of 102 degrees.



Fortunately, he slept all night again -- we're blessed -- Luke is a good sleeper, even when sick.

This morning, he woke up with a slight fever. After some Motrin and quite a bit of time on my lap (really -- I do not mind)....he's been running around and doing other mischevious things.



Poor Guy -- he just really wanted to go outside. Unfortunately, this next photo was taken right before his nap. When he wakes up, if he's doing O.K., I think we're going to be outside in some fashion. This Mama needs out of the house :)



*****

My EXCITEMENT of the day was getting the mail. My new journal/notebook arrived.





**That's Jeremiah 9:23-24 -- if you can't tell in the photo.

My friend Lori J. has one -- only with different photos, obviously. I just had to have one.

You can order one HERE!

Keep in mind that a certain special holiday dedicated to Mother's is coming up next month -- WINK WINK!

*****

As I was having my quiet time with God this afternoon, I came across a verse I've read many times before.

Somehow, it struck me different today.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

Our Heavenly Father disciplines us because He loves us. We, as parents, discipline our children because we love them. Our discipline may not be "perfect" for our children, but I believe most of us at least attempt to do what we feel is best for our children.

God's discipline is ALWAYS perfect for us.

My prayer as a parent (and I know others of you have this same prayer because I've heard you say it aloud)....is that when Marc and I discipline Luke and any other children the Lord might bless us with, we do it out of LOVE instead of frustration or anger -- which is sometimes what happens. Disciplining with LOVE is how our Heavenly Father disciplines us.

3 comments:

The Sieberts said...

good thing we're walking tonight to you get you out! :) hope Luke is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hope Luke is feeling better by now! Poor little guy.

I never thought of it that way... the kids gaining immunity from all their illnesses. But I guess that makes sense... doctor told us recently that by the time folks are over 50 {yeah, me, haha} they have gained enough immunity to not be sick so often or get things other people have all the time.

Enjoy the LOVELY weather! {heart}

Momma H said...

How is Luke today? I had one of my kids do run a low grade for a week with no symptoms. Never did figure out what was going on. It finally just ended, the same way it came on.
Ah discipline. Sometimes it is as hard to give as to receive. But as you say... for out own good. In both instances.
You are wise beyond your years, Sarah! Glad to have gotten to know you this year @ M2M.

Blog Archive