Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Randomness....

I seem to have "randomness" a lot on Fridays....I guess that's just how it goes.

This morning, I had to wake Luke up in time to get to the library for toddler storytime. I most certainly prefer to have him wake up on his own (the mood is better), but sometimes, this happens.

When I walked in his room, this is what I found....



I usually cover him up when we put him to bed at night. However, he nearly ALWAYS uncovers himself. We see it on the video monitor. Last night was no exception. I remember that specifically because Marc and I had a conversation about whether or not he'd get cold with the fan on (of course, I'm the one who worries he'll get cold; Marc, on the other hand, nearly always says, "He'll be fine....")

Neither one of us had been in his room all night. So, I was surprised when I walked in his room this morning to find him covered up almost perfectly. He must have done that himself.

I guess he's an advanced child (you may roll your eyes now).

But, I will say that it's cute how he has his left thumb in his mouth and his little dingy blanket tightly clenched in his right hand. No wonder his left thumb is like a prune in the morning :)

*****

Since I did have to wake him up, breakfast was a bit of a challenge since he wasn't fully awake and I was doing my best to hurry up a 20-month old to get to the library in time (not easy since toddlers certainly have their own agendas).

It's normally a rule around the Friesen Household that Luke may NOT eat with his blanket in hand. He knows he has to put it down in another room.

This morning, though, I made an exception. He emphatically shook his head "No" when I told him to his blanket down.

I decided that since I did wake him up and he wasn't fully awake yet at breakfast, I'd let him eat with his blanket.

What's wrong with a little food on an already gross and smelly blanket?





And, in case you're wondering, at lunch today, he did go and follow our rule. He went and put down his blanket to NOT eat with it.

Go Luke!

*****

Last weekend, our vacuum cleaner quit working. I was vacuuming when all of a sudden, it made a not-so-normal sound and was smelling.

To avoid sparks and a potential fire, I turned it off.

On Monday, Luke and I made a trip to a local vacuum cleaner retailer (they repair vacuums).

Here is our vacuum cleaner in the back of our Trail Blazer on the way to its funeral (only I didn't know it at the time that this vacuum cleaner would no longer live at our home).



The woman at the vacuum repair shop called me late this morning. The motor is dead (hence, the smell), and they no longer make the motor (it was an old vacuum cleaner).

So, I told her to simply "pitch the vacuum cleaner."

I guess we'll be vacuum cleaner shopping this weekend.

I bought that vacuum cleaner brand new in June, 1995. I was getting ready to enter my sophomore year in college. I was about to rent a house with a friend of mine. Neither of us had a vacuum cleaner. Since I had worked quite a bit that summer, I purchased a fairly cheap vacuum cleaner -- BRAND NEW (not too bad for a college kid, huh?)

It's lasted 15 years with only ONE belt replacement and no other repairs.

Marc and I are impressed with that one! Perhaps our next one will do just as well!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I'm impressed that Luke eats out of a bowl. graham insists on taking everything off a plate/bowl and putting it on his tray. Argh! So uncivilized. LOL

Allen and Debby Graber said...

We went through umpteen vacuums our first years. Bought cheapy ones for under $100 so I guess that's why. Our current one has lasted many years, but it was sort of pricey too. Guess you get what you pay for usually.

Blog Archive