Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kansas State Fair....

Today, after Luke's nap, we traveled the whopping 30 minutes to Hutchinson, KS, to attend the Kansas State Fair.

Prior to Luke coming along, Marc and I went to the Kansas State Fair every year -- I think we even always went with my parents.

Sadly, and I really can't give a good reason why, we hadn't been since Luke was born.

Tonight, we went to the fair with my parents as well as my brother and sister-in-law (Joel and Amber) and their three girls, Grace, Natalie, and Maddie.

I won't show photos from every single thing we saw, but I will show quite a few photos of Luke having a good time -- which was the highlight of my evening, at least.

First, here's a photo of Marc and Luke -- my new favorite pic of my two favorite guys. (And, in case you're wondering, Luke is wearing his Papa's hat [my dad's] -- Luke LOVES this hat).



After walking around for just a bit to look at a few animals, we decided to eat supper. Because of one particular rude woman, we weren't able to all sit together.

The big thing at the fair is always the food. However, in our family, none of us go too crazy with all of the "junk" -- even Marc. (Marc's very content if he gets his Pronto Pup). But, the sheer amount of food vendors at the fair truly does amaze me.





Luke finished eating and was ready to get going again sooner than anybody. Fortunately, Papa was able to walk around a bit with him.



This trip to the Kansas State Fair was most definitely a "kids 5 and under" centered event. So, after eating, the kids wanted to go and ride some rides. So, that's what we did...And, since they were all kiddy-rides, we didn't have to worry about the fact that we just ate.

The first stop was the carousel....This was Luke's second time on a carousel in less than a month. If you check out THIS POST, you can see photos of Luke's first carousel ride (this happens to be my previous post). This time, instead of Marc riding with Luke on the carousel, I got the privilege of riding with Luke. Marc did the picture-taking.

Unfortunately, only one photo turned out decent to post....You can tell, however, that Luke did enjoy the carousel...You can kind of see me in this photo -- I'm right behind the horse in an orange t-shirt. Actually, I think you can see my legs more than anything (Whoo-Hoo)....



Grandma (my mom) rode the carousel with Grace and Natalie. They too enjoyed it a lot!



Then, Grace and Natalie rode a ride together, and they both really seemed to enjoy it.



Then, it happened -- Luke got to ride a "Big Rig" ride again -- this too was something he did at the Mall of America in August. This ride was right up Luke's alley.

I, once again, got the privilege of riding with Luke (which I'm very grateful I can do). Marc, once again, took photos....This time, many more photos turned out.

**As a side note -- on this particular "Big Rig" ride, it was a good thing I rode...There was NOT much space for adults. I'm a short individual, and even I had to really squish my legs to sit in this ride. Marc, at 6' tall, wouldn't have made it.







Not sure what the problem was with my facial expression, but look at Luke -- he's much cuter :)



And, a couple photos of my goofiness during this ride....And, Luke's still cute in these photos :)





And, just in case you're wondering, two of Luke's cousins, Grace and Natalie, were riding in front of our "Big Rig." Luke had not a clue about that little fact. You can't even see short little Luke in this photo.



After that excitement, we told the kids that we needed to take a bit of a break from the excitement....So, we headed off to some of the exhibit and vendor buildings....

I didn't take any photos.

Soon, it was getting late, and Marc, Luke, and I were needing to head home. So, we, as a big family, took a train ride together.

Keep in mind that my dad is a train-a-holic -- in other words, trains are a HUGE hobby for him. And, if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably know that Luke really likes trains....

So, this was right up Papa's alley as well as Luke's alley.

(It was dark at this point).





After the fun of the train ride, Marc and I (along with Luke) decided to head out. Luke was getting pooped out, and we knew it because he asked for his "ah-dah" (his blanket). And, we saw him like this in the stroller -- sucking his thumb and hanging his head low :)



It turned out to be a gorgeous evening and a fun time with family....

The rest of my family, after we left, went on to ride some more rides and play some games with our nieces. We would've have liked to stay, but we have a big day tomorrow.

1) Our 3rd Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class starts tomorrow (we're co-leading) at church. Therefore, Luke will be in the nursery for quite awhile in the morning, and we really don't want him to be cranky for other people (i.e. nursery workers).

2) Tomorrow is "promotion Sunday" at church...Luke will move to a different classroom in the nursery. We wanted him to be ready for this move -- even though, he's young enough that he has absolutely no idea what will be going on :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe it is State fair time again. I guess I lost track now that I am in the big city. Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

Looks like a fun time! Great weather for the fair! We'd like to go but think it's too much walking for Rich. It's that lack of stamina thing and neuropathy in the feet. Not a terrific situation!

Candice said...

My fav photo is the one where you're being "goofy" and waving your arms and Luke is smiling. :)

Diana said...

LOVE the goofiness! LOL!

Mmmmm, Pronto Pups... my fave Fair food. :D

Blog Archive