Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stuff....

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

That verse was in a daily devotional book I am using right now. I've reread it a couple of times. It reminds that me that God will not let me down. It seems hard to believe sometimes, with all of the "stuff" going on around the world right now. But ultimately, He has my best in mind.

********************************************************

I haven't made a post about just Luke in awhile, so here are a couple of things.

Last weekend, we finally changed out his carseat. He was one pound away from being too heavy for the other one. His feet were sticking out, off of the other carseat, and so, he was too long. It was overdue. We had purchased a new carseat for him at the beginning of March. We just hadn't installed it yet.

He didn't seem to mind at all. The transition was very simple. Here's a photo of him in the new seat, trying to pull his red sock off of his foot -- a common, everyday occurrence.



Hopefully, all of our snow is gone until next winter. Who knows, though? When the weather's nice and it's not extremely windy, Luke and I go outside for walks (Luke, obviously in the jogging stroller since he's not walking yet). He's always very content in the stroller, but the other day, he was SO extremely happy about being in it. So, I captured a couple of cute photos.



This particular day, it wasn't real sunny. So, I kept his shade pulled up. He kept looking up at me and just smiling. Oh, how I love it when he does stuff like that! And yes, I nearly always attach a toy or two to his seatbelt. He seems to like that.



Quite a few months back, I made a post about Luke sucking his thumb (I'm not even real sure what month it was). For those of you who don't know, Luke has, since birth, refused a pacifier. I even tried five different kinds. Fortunately, pretty early on, he found his thumb. Though he tends to NOT use his thumb when he's cranky (I sometimes wish he would), he is VERY GOOD at using his thumb to put himself to sleep.

The other day, I went and woke him up from a nap as I wanted him to sleep later that night. I walked in and turned the light on. Usually, that wakes him up. He was so asleep that the light didn't wake him up. So, I rushed to get the camera and snap this cute photo of him asleep with his thumb in his mouth.



I won't go into the whole thumb-sucking/pacifier debate and advantages/disadvantages of either. However, at least for right now, the thumb-sucking seems to work. Plus, we never get woken up at night because he can't find his pacifier. He always finds his thumb to go back to sleep.

That's all for now. Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Very cute! It is amazing, Naomi still is not big enough to be upgraded. (I guess she is almost long enough). I am glad you have a happy healthy big boy there! he is growing so fast!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Please forgive my random comment. I stumbled upon your blog from another person's blog. Please refer to your installtion manual for your Britax carseat! I believe you have installed your seat incorrectly! Please forgive me if I am wrong but, I would hate for something to happen to your precious son...

Blog Archive