Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things to Celebrate....

Today, I had the chance to go to two different celebrations. Because they were both this afternoon and one of them definitely didn't involve Marc, Marc was kind enough to skip the one event he could've gone to in order to stay home with Luke. It was a nice afternoon away for me (and I hope you all understood that wordiness).

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery -- but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Ephesians 5:31-33

Meet Andrew and Autumn....



I'm not really sure how long I've known Andrew. Autumn, his wife, I just met today. She was so bubbly and friendly. I know Andrew through the church I used to attend before I met Marc and moved to this town. Andrew LOVES the Lord. He has an ENORMOUS passion for spreading the word of Christ. I've been to Mexico several times with groups he's been a part of. During those trips, we've worked to teach kids about Jesus. After completing college and also earning a Master's degree, Andrew is now in charge of Missions for a church in Indianpolis. His job has taken him around the world.

I'm not totally sure how Andrew and Autumn met (though I know Andrew's mom has told me). But, I know that she too has a passion for Jesus and spreading the gospel. In fact, she is starting a new job next week (back in Indianpolis) working with a "neighborhood club" of sorts in a highly populated Hispanic neighborhood. She will be working to establish a ministry there. She is fluent in the Spanish language, and hopefully, she'll be able to use that Spanish-speaking skill for teaching others about Christ.

They were married up in Indiana two weeks ago. His parents held a reception for them today. I'm so glad I got to go. It was fun to see Andrew again, and it was great meeting Autumn!

Then.....right after that, I drove to a baby shower for my good friend, Alissa (this is the event that Marc really wouldn't have wanted to attend).

Alissa and I met in college. We lived down the hall from each other, and during our freshmen year, we took Calculus together (Yuck!). After college, we were roommates for a year and a half. We've remained good friends since then.

Alissa is how Marc and I met!!!!!! She's the famous one who fixed us up.

Alissa and her husband Jon are expecting their first child, a boy, in June! Yeah! Luke will have another buddy around.

She did announce the name today, so I think it's O.K. to post this on this blog. But, the little guy's name will be Ian Michael.

There were quite a few people at this shower. Here's a cute photo of Alissa, posing for my camera.



I know she gets told this a lot, but I feel I must add my comment. She's due in a little over a month, and she doesn't look like it. I was a bit jealous because I definitely looked like I was due sooner than I was. Many older women told me I'd never make it to my due date. And, you know what -- I didn't :)

Alissa received many cute and practical items for Ian. Her comment at the end was, "Everybody was so generous." That's because we love you, Alissa, and we couldn't be more excited for Ian's arrival.

Here's one cute outfit she received today.



Can't wait for your little guy's arrival, Alissa!

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

*****

This is completely off of the topic of my celebration day, but I feel I must post some photos of Luke.

Probably about a year ago, I saw a photo on the blog -- "Meet the Smith's." (You can click on it on the left side of this blog). Little Oliver Smith was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Don't blame me. That smell is coming from my daddy."

I laughed out loud, hysterically. That shirt was so appropriate, knowing Oliver's dad. I said to myself as well as to Marc, "I so want that shirt when Luke is born."

I finally found it several weeks ago, and so, I bought it. It's really, quite frankly, a bit tacky. But, it's so funny. Those of you who know Marc well (as well as Joel Smith) know that this shirt is entirely appropriate.

So, here are some photos.



I'm throwing this photo in not only because of the shirt but also because of how well Luke is doing with a sippy cup. We've definitely still got to work on the "tipping up" yet. But, it's improving.



Also, yesterday, I took Luke to the park in his shirt. It was such a nice day. When we were there, there were very few people there at the time. Nobody we knew was there so I guess nobody really got to see his shirt. And no, he didn't have any shoes or socks on. He tends to pull his socks off, and so, if it's not too cool, his socks stay off.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Cute shirt!!!!

Happy Mother's Day. Aren't we so, so blessed?!

Kelly said...

Very cute! Naomi still has problems tipping her cup. If you discover a trick let me know. Also, very cute shirt! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Blog Archive