Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yeah! It's the New Oven....

So, several weeks ago, I mentioned in a blog post that Luke and I had taken a trip to Inman, KS (about an hour or so away) to purchase a new oven.

Well, last week, Kevin, the carpenter we hired to install the new oven, was finally available.

Here's a photo of our old oven...We think it's from the 1970s. Today, ovens are bigger. That's why we needed a carpenter to make a little bit of room for the new oven.



Our microwave sits on a shelf right above the oven. So, once again, here's an old photo -- complete with the microwave.



And...Voila!!!! Our new oven....



Isn't it just lovely? You'd think I was as excited as a kid in a candy store.

And, here's our new oven with the microwave (I know, I know...I'm probably more excited than the rest of you).



Now, I have a confession to make. In the little over five years we've owned this house, I have NOT ONCE cleaned our old oven. Nope, not once. Plus, the people who lived here before us left it uncleaned. My reasoning for not cleaning it was that a) we'd eventually get a new one because I've never liked this one AND b) The oven, though it appears dirty really isn't unsanitary because of the heat. Most of the bacteria that causes the common food borne illnesses is killed off at 165 degrees F. (Yes, I'm food safety certified). Also, this old oven was NOT self-cleaning.

So, why clean until we get a new one? Right?

I've now humbled myself now because I am posting a photo of the inside of our dirty old oven.



I have now vowed to keep our new oven clean. Here's a photo of our new CLEAN oven. And yes, this one is self-cleaning (though I've had other people tell me that self-cleaning is a bit scary and stinky).



The evening after the new oven was installed I baked "Tortilla Roll-Ups." I even put a cookie sheet underneath them because sometimes they're known to "bubble over" in the oven. Gotta keep the new oven clean!



Now, we're saving for a new cooktop. We have once priced out. We know what we want. Kevin, the carpenter, already said he has the ability to do that.

Savings account, here we are.

6 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

It's lovely!! Happy cooking!

Candice said...

It's beautiful. As for the oven cleaning, why not line the bottom with aluminum foil?

Kelly said...

Yea! New oven! It is exciting to get new appliances. We bought a "used" stove when we moved here. (I really don't think it was used very much!)

Julie said...

It's so PRETTY! Love it!! You probably want to bake or cook all the time now.

FYI: I've never cleaned my oven either . . .

Dannon said...

I love new appliances too! Something very exciting about them. I meant to get on here the other day to tell you I made one of the recipes you posted the other day.....the ravioli one. Went over pretty good! I made it in the morning and went to work. Donnie was home first and actually was capable of putting it in the oven to be ready when I got home from work! Gotta love that! Anyhow....will be something we have again! Thanks! Dannon

Raising Koehns said...

Never cleaned my oven either. So, does this mean we get a family dinner night to try it out?

Blog Archive