Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9

From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28

May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33

God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Colorado -- Day 4....

Today was a big day for Marc.  Way back on New Year's Day (I think), Marc signed up to run the "Silver Rush 50" -- a 50-mile race out of Leadville -- knowing we'd be in Leadville on the date of the race.

I'm very grateful Jeremy & Nicole were with us so I didn't have to get the kiddos up out of bed to take Marc to the race start at 5:15 AM.  So, Marc & I were up early.  I literally dropped Marc off & went back to the house.  I *sort of* went back to sleep until the kiddos got up.

After they got up & we all had breakfast, the kiddos & I prepared to leave for the day, and Jeremy & Nicole (and their 2 girls) prepared to head back home.  After saying our "Good-bye's" to friends, the kiddos & I headed roughly 30 miles south to the town of Buena Vista.  As a side note, at this point in the day, Marc had already been running for 4 hours....sigh....

The kids & I arrived in Buena Vista & made our way to my parents' cabin.  We all decided we'd head to a small park.

One of the highlights was a group of people taking kayak lessons!

Kate & Luke enjoyed a slide.  Kate enjoyed it approximately 184 times!

Her sheer and utter joy made my day!  (And, the static electricity with her hair was funny -- if you can see it in this pic)!

There were a few rocks to climb on, and there was a bridge with which to watch the kayakers.

After playing for awhile, we went & grabbed lunch & ate on the picnic table at my parents' cabin.

After lunch, my dad (Papa Andover) took Luke into the mountains for a bit for a rock hunt. Luke took his compass, his magnifying glasses, and his safety glasses (for when they hammered a rock).  Unfortunately, the "Afternoon Colorado lightening/thunder/rain Storms" moved in.  They had to keep moving around to avoid them.  They did get some rocks, & Luke does have them at home.  But, my dad said Luke was very interested in climbing the rocks more than anything -- Ha!

During this time, my mom, Kate, and I went to downtown Buena Vista & did sone touristy shopping.  My *plan* was that Kate would fall asleep in the stroller during this time.  That would not be what happened.  So, after shopping, my mom & I drove around town for awhile while Kate took a brief nap in her car seat.

After the guys' rock hunt & our shopping/driving around excursion, we all met bag kip at their cabin.  I requested a picture with my parents & the kids. So, we briefly headed back to the park.  I was able to get a cute pic or two of the kiddos....

THEN, Kate threw a major fit because there wasn't anymore time to play on the slide.

I requested that Luke & Kate stand & pose for a pic.  Luke, the mostly compliant first-born child, posed.  Kate, on the other hand, walked to where she was supposed to in order to pose.  The smart, stubborn 2 year-old girl of our's proceeded to turn around so I couldn't take a picture of her front side. She obeyed -- yes, she did.  But, this is what I ended up with -- Ha!  I seriously do want this memory :)

Now -- back up to the afternoon when my mom, Kate, & I were shopping. We had stopped at a coffee shop to get something to drink.  I was outside with Kate while my mom stood in line inside for our drinks.  During this time, Marc called.  I was NOT expecting a phone call from him at that time because he thought his 50-mile race would take him 10-12 hours.  So, when I saw on the phone that it was him, I answered, thinking the race had not gone well & that he dropped out.  I was WRONG-O!  He had finished the race by completing all 50 miles in roughly 8 1/2 hours.

Awesome!  But, at that time, Luke was still in the mountains with my dad on the rock hunt. We were nowhere ready or able to leave to drive 30 miles north to get him.

So unfortunately, Marc had to wait several hours for us at the finish line of the race with virtually no amenities.  I'm sure that, by the time we got there, Marc was more than ready to get back to the house in Leadville.

Here are a couple pics that were taken during the race...

And, here's Marc on the "red carpet" at the finish line.

And, there will be more to come on another post....

No comments:

Blog Archive