Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

School Shopping....

Well, we have now entered the world of the need for back-to-school shopping.  I'm guessing I will be tempted to get sick & tired of the process as our children age, but I'm praying & striving to not ever get tired of it.  After all, if I live to be even 80, it'll be a small percentage of my life.  AND, the start of a new school year is a big deal!

I've seen several of you "out there" who have taken their son and/or daughter on dates to buy school supplies.  I liked that idea.  SO, last night, I had a big date -- with our son, Luke.  Luke, in case you didn't know (and weren't able to figure it out based on the first paragraph of this post) is entering kindergarten in less than a month -- Sniff Sniff!

Luke's not one to branch out much with food. My only stipulation was that I wouldn't go to McDonald's.  He picked "Subway".  I was nice & let him have chocolate milk even (that's a treat).


After eating, I *made* him go here....


It wasn't for anything personal.  His 6th birthday party is tomorrow night.  We needed paper supplies.  "Hobby Lobby" has quite a few options.  But again, Luke is relatively low maintenance & ultimately picked out plain blue & green paper products. (The sun was in his eyes big time here, but I made him pose anyways -- Ha)!


Next, we headed to "Target".  We were able to purchase most of his needed supplies.


Luke cracked me up.  When we were standing in line to buy everything, he was too busy looking at flashlights & batteries in the check-out line.  Yep -- that would describe typical Luke.


We had to make one quick trip to Wal-Mart to purchase a couple more supplies.  Then, I treated Luke to a cookie at "Starbucks".


If you ask Luke if he's excited about kindergarten, he'll most likely tell you, "No -- I'm nervous".  Honestly, I think he's being truthful with that statement. Luke doesn't particularly do change very well.  I know he will do fine once the routine is in place, but I think the transition will require some patience on my part.  

Last night, during our date, he & I had a conversation about how Jesus will help him with his nervousness if Luke lets Him.  We talked about praying and asking Jesus to help him.  So, Luke is doing just that.  It's awfully sweet & very awesome to see Luke take his worries & concerns to Jesus!

AND, despite his nervousness, Luke has been pre-enjoying his new kindergarten backpack (which we bought in Colorado for him).  The other day, he even wore it while vacuuming.


Finally, while Luke is praying for his nervousness, I'm praying not only for Luke's nervousness but also for this girl's adjustment to her brother being gone at school.  She simply isn't the same without him (however, I know she will adjust just fine ultimately).

No comments:

Blog Archive