Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Few Happy Things....

Here's a little story....I hope you can follow my writing :)

I've been looking for a little farm set for Luke for Christmas. A couple of weeks ago, I found this farm set at Wal-Mart. The price -- $34.97.

(This photo was actually taken after this story ended -- but, I decided to show it now).



After finding it, I thought to myself, "I'm not going to buy it yet. I'm going to look around a bit."

Last week, I went one evening to Target. I actually went there for the one specific reason of picking out and purchasing new glasses -- as well as ordering new contacts for the next year (yes, I'm blind without the assistance). Target optical accepts the eye coverage through Marc's job -- Cessna.

After making the decision as to which glasses I was going to purchase....which, by the way, here they are (excuse the photo because these frames obviously weren't yet adjusted to my face and the tag was still on since these were for the showroom).



By the way, when they do come in, I'll take a better photo when they're adjusted with no tags -- also, I'll take a photo of my current (old) glasses for comparison.

Anyways, when the employee was entering all of my information as well as my order into the computer, I looked up and noticed a sign: "This week only -- $25 gift card to Target with any full set of glasses purchase."

Ahhh -- how nice would that be -- a gift card?

So, after finishing up with Optical, I took my $25 gift card and headed to the toys' section -- just to look.

I happened to notice the same farm set on SALE for $24.99....

Whoa -- Can we just say, "S.C.O.R.E.?"

My gift card would cover the "on-sale" price of this farm set. I only needed to pay the sales tax.....

Oh -- I was so excited....I definitely will NOT say that we bought this farm set for Luke for FREE (Marc and I don't like that word in this household) as I did have to purchase a pair of glasses for this, BUT it certainly does help when you get a bonus like this...

So, that was my sheer excitement for last week -- Hey! It doesn't take much, does it?

*****

I haven't posted any photos of Luke for awhile, and since he makes me so very happy, I'll post a photo.

He loves waving the American flag around, and this day (last week) was no exception.



And, photos of Marc and Luke together certainly make me happy as well, and so, from this past Sunday, here's a photo of my two guys reading together on the couch.



*****

And, one last "happy" thing....

Marc has given me flowers several times over the course of our dating/engagement/marriage. I R.E.A.L.L.Y. appreciate the fact that he doesn't overdo it with flowers because then, when I do get flowers, I genuinely appreciate them.

Anyways, last Saturday, to my surprise, Marc showed up at home (after running some errands) with this....



It's actually supposed to be from er....Luke. But, since we all know Luke is not yet capable of going to a flower shop alone and purchasing a flower, it ultimately did come from Marc. But, I was definitely sure to thank them both.

Marc said that "Luke just really wanted to thank his Mommy for taking good care of him each and every day. That way, Daddy doesn't have to sit and work and worry. He can focus on doing a good job at work."

That's sooooo sweet of them both :) I loved it! I think I even cried!

Those are my happy things for the last week!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sweet score on the farm. I so miss the awesome coverage Cessna has. Oh well God does provide. Also I love the flower. you have two special guys there! Have a great day!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

LOVE the price of the farm!! Wish we were as lucky as that. We did get it on sale at Target, but we didn't get it "free"! And isn't the flower such a wonderful touch! One of my favorite colors of a rose! You have a treasure of a husband!

Candice said...

Awww...very sweet!

More than just okay said...

What a happy happening with the farm and with the rose. Marc's a keeper.

Blog Archive