Today, December 21, Luke turned 17 months old....Yep, the time sure has flown.
So, here's the usual photo of Luke in our chair.
This photo of him smiling is O.K., but we know he can certainly smile bigger!
So, when Marc climbed in the chair with him, we got a great smile for a photo! Sorry for the red eyes with Marc...I was having a hard time getting the red eyes removed with my computer. Oh well -- I sure like the photo anyways -- my two guys.
And, just for fun -- here's a photo of Luke one year ago today....Oh my -- what a little Butterball! The bib gives me such fond memories of spit-up. I'm really glad that stage is over with Luke :)
One of Luke's favorite things to do is watch the bathtub fill up with water before his bath...this photo may merely be for Marc and me, but it's certainly cute to see in person.
A Couple of Things about Luke right now...
1) As previously stated in an earlier post, Luke is walking now. He took off walking not quite three weeks ago. He's doing much better each day. He's not yet really running, but we can already tell that is coming very soon. He does walk all over the house now.
2) He has developed a sudden "pickiness" in eating. I have to get creative sometimes. Otherwise, he does definitely go for "typical" toddler food -- mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc....We're working on improving that.
3) He's starting to say a few words as opposed to mere jibberish; however, typically, only Marc and I can understand him.
4) He still REALLY likes singing. He's at a point right now where I'm not sure if he'd go to bed without one of us singing to him while gliding in the chair in his room. If I'm around, he prefers me singing. However, he'll listen to Marc sing if I'm gone for the evening. He also likes my mom to sing with him. Fortunately, she's willing to do that for him at anytime she's around :)
5) We left him with a teenage baby-sitter for the first time the other night. It was a neighbor girl, Celeste. She said after we got home, "He's like one of the most layed-back kids I've ever baby-sat. He was easy." We were glad he was like that for her, though Marc and I certainly don't consider Luke to be layed back. We're hoping Celeste is willing to baby-sit again; however, she is a Senior in High School. She may be a bit busy for baby-sitting Luke. We paid her well, so hopefully, that'll persuade her to come over some.
6) He still doesn't mind us cutting his hair with the clippers. He sits very nice when Marc cuts his hair -- about once every four weeks or so.
7) Luke is still V.E.R.Y. attached to his little blanket. Now that he walks, he walks around with the blanket -- kind of like Linus. He sucks his thumb with his blanket. It's completely and totally his comfort. We find it to be cute. If we were to lose the blanket, we'd be in deep trouble, and I MEAN DEEP TROUBLE.
Thanks for reading about our little guy.
Buried at Dauphin Island
16 hours ago