Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our Last Several Days....

Marc actually is off work for two straight weeks for the holidays, and Luke and I certainly LOVE having him home.

We've actually been very relaxed and low-key around here. We haven't been rushing around. We've spent quite a bit of time together as a family, and we've even gotten a few things accomplished. It's been really N.I.C.E.

So, if you're looking for a really exciting, event-filled blog post, this isn't for you. But, if you've been following our family for any length of time, this post will certainly clue you into our lives this week.

Tuesday morning, my dad came over. We had asked him to come over to help pull out the washer and dryer. That way, we could clean the floor underneath those appliances (you know -- one of those jobs you just don't do very often). Also, we wanted to check the hoses to make sure they weren't about to break or anything (and replace them if needed).

So, here's a photo of my dad and Marc pulling out the washer -- in other words, getting the project started.



And, as I figured -- this is what we found underneath. YUCK!



In case you're wondering -- Luke did supervise this entire event.



Here's a photo of my dad behind the washer. I'm not totally sure what exactly he was cleaning up at this point. I'm not sure I want to know. In case you're wondering, Marc, at this point, was locating cleaning supplies for this project.



Marc and my dad did have to make one trip to the hardware store, though I'm not completely sure what they had to buy....Personally, I just know that our washer and dryer do work, and I'm thankful for that.

Upon completion, they moved the washer and dryer back....



See, I told you -- not that exciting. But, it needed to be done. Have we inspired any of you to do the same in your home?

Later that day, it was a bit more exciting as Luke and I headed over to my friend Andrea's house. We did a little gift exchange with our children before they headed up to see family in snowy and icy Nebraska. (Glad to hear you guys made it safely up there, by the way).

Luke received some big, fun blocks. You can see them in the front part of this photo. This photo represents something else that has gone on this week -- plenty of Marc and Daddy playtime.



This afternoon (Wednesday), I had to go to a dental appointment to have a bit of work done. Y.U.C.K. However, as I was lying down flat in the dental chair, I did honestly think to myself that though I don't enjoy getting dental work done, I am extremely thankful for dentists. I enjoy keeping my teeth nice. I enjoy good gum and teeth health.

This evening, Marc, Luke, and I went out for a new family tradition which I know many of you have also started -- we drove around town, looking at Christmas lights. So, here's a photo of Luke all bundled up in our all-time favorite winter hat. Keep in mind I took this photo in the dark -- I didn't know what type of face Luke would make.



I can't say the town we live in has fabulous Christmas lights, but we did see some nice ones. We also did see this way overdone house.....Joel and Kendall actually told us about it. It's close to their home. If you're reading this post and it's your home, just understand it's not our style. Not everybody has the same style.



Afterwards, we stopped by the busy grocery store to pick up one thing I forgot for tomorrow. Marc had already suggested that we splurge a bit on some Ben and Jerry's ice cream -- something we treat ourselves to on occasion.

Our favorite flavor is most definitely Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Yes, we have tried other flavors, but none compare.

This evening, this grocery store was out. We were a bit bummed. We looked around a bit for a substitute flavor. Finally, we decided on a Breyer's flavor. After we got home we enjoyed Breyer's Cookies and Cream made with Oreo.

Awhile back, I purchased something at Amanda's Tupperware party. I had purchased the Shape-O Toy. Luke has gotten to where he really likes to play with it, though he needs a little bit of help finding the correct shapes.

So, here's what Luke and I did after eating some ice cream.



He's now in bed after our relaxing days -- sleeping soundly.

So, there's what the Friesen family has been up to -- not too exciting, but it certainly has been NICE.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Graham has blocks like those. He loves them...he stacks up to five high :)

More than just okay said...

Sarah, I have to admit that I clean under the washer and dryer when we move or have a repair. So your floor looked pristine compared to what I've found under mine.

Just wait until Luke is no longer satisfied with supervising and decides his help is needed.

Have a great Christmas.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Yup. We do the lights too. After the Christmas Eve program. We love to do it! Some of the blow ups in people's yards were deflated due to the blizzard-wind we were having though.

Blog Archive