Welcome....Here's a glimpse of our happenings!

The verses that have REALLY spoken to me (Sarah) lately....



"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25



Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. I Peter 5:8-9



From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 17:26-28



May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14



So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:32-33



God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation. Deuteronomy 29:29 (The Message)

About the Friesen's....

We are Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate Friesen. We were married June 5, 2004. We have one son, born July 21, 2008, named Luke Andrew -- now 4 years old. We also have a daughter named Kate Christine -- born June 6, 2012. Marc is working at Cessna as a Senior Accountant, and Sarah stays home full-time with Luke. Sarah also gets to work very part-time at home for Graber Backhoe -- an excavation company AND VERY part-time at our church. We LOVE being a part of Grace Community Church here in Newton, KS. We lead a Community Life Group of other wonderful couples. Marc thoroughly enjoys long-distance running and Taekwondo. Sarah thoroughly enjoys walking -- especially when the weather is nice to take Luke and/or out in the stroller. Thanks for reading our blog!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Cute Little Song In My Head....

Some of you regular readers of this blog might remember THIS POST back in July....

Just a very condensed recap...

1) I taught at our church's Vacation Bible School...I taught in one of the second grade classes, and my good friend, Kendall, was one of the helpers.

2) We used the curriculum from the Saddle Ridge Ranch series. It was a lot of fun!

Anyways....during that time, I had purchased the CD that went along with the curriculum. It's been great to listen to some of the songs in the car -- especially with Luke.

One of the songs in particular, I have become VERY attached to....I'm not even sure of the exact name, but I call it, "I Know What I'm Gonna Do." Here are the lyrics -- at least the lyrics that are completely in my head (so, I hope I'm typing them out correctly)....

I know what I'm gonna do, I am going to live in ways that honor You.
I know what I'm gonna do, I am going to live in ways that honor You.

Purity

Honesty

These are the qualities I will seek....

Giving Thanks

In Everything

Letting the promises of God protect my heart and my mind
Fixing my thoughts on what is true and right....

REPEAT OVER AND OVER FROM THERE....

As a side note, the 4 and 5 year-olds sang and did motions to this song at the VBS program -- VERY CUTE!

So, I don't know if it's the catchy tune, the cute kids doing motions, or the words that grab my attention, but I REALLY like this song.

In all reality, I hope it's the words that caught my attention....

Nevertheless, it's REALLY had me thinking over the last month about whether or not my actions in life are honoring to God.

Sadly, I can think of times when my actions have NOT been honoring to God. Those were times that my actions probably were not inviting to non-Christians to seek out Jesus.

Fortunately, God forgives us -- each and everytime. Because NONE of us are perfect or sinless, God sent his only Son, Jesus to live a sinless life here on earth and then die on the cross for each of us. And, should be choose to believe in Jesus with all of our hearts and confess with our mouths that God raised Jesus from the dead (see Romans 10:9), we are saved from death -- we are promised a glorious life in heaven with Jesus after our physical death here on earth.

In the meantime, I will strive to have all of my actions be honoring to God. That's what He wants from us....That's what will help others seek Jesus here on earth.

That song actually goes with the last day's lesson (from VBS)....The lesson was based on Philippians 4:4-9...Here is that passage.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9

And, just to finish off this post....Here are some random photos that I took during VBS that week....Because I didn't get permission from any of the parents, I will not put any of the kids' names with the photos....But, trust me, they were all very sweet kids, and it was a fun, but exhausting, week.

Game Time:









Craft Time:







And, classroom time:





No comments:

Blog Archive